I've been blogging this show since 2008 on my personal painting blog and decided 2011 is the year to have an additional blog dedicated to the art show and become a "dualing Piccolo blogger"! This second blog also gives me the opportunity to share insights and impressions from other art show "insiders"! Join me up front (and behind the scenes) as the 2011 show shapes up with fine art, occasional guest contributors, on the ground interviews and who knows what else creativity run rampant will surprise us with! Comments are open but moderated. Think before you write!


Sunday, June 5, 2011

Piccolo Spoleto Outdoor Art Exhibit - Day 9 - June 4, 1010

Another steamy day, more inspired creativity - this time songwriting and by the husband of the artist, no less.  Tony Hardwick, husband of Lynn Hardwick, wrote this song not far from the Spontaneous Missile Art Installation (cross-creative pollination going on here, perhaps?)
The Sun of Marion Square  
by Tony Hardwick, wife of Artist Lynn Hardwick
(Sung to the tune of “The House of the Rising Sun”)
There is a park in Charleston.
It’s known as Marion Square,
And every June and the end of May
You’ll find many artists there.
They’re seling oils and watercolors
Mixed Media and photos, too.
They’d love to have you in their tents
To sell  some art to you.
My wife, she is an artist,
And I’m just her old art mule.
I’ve told my kids together 
Not to do what I have done.
For you’re liable to wind up in misery
In the sun of Marion Square.

There were also more great demos going on:



No comments:

Post a Comment